Call Us 24/7 For Help
Patrick T. Barone
The DUI Book
A Michigan Citizen's Handbook on Fighting a Drunk Driving Case
Receive a Free Copy
of The DUI Book.
Unreliability of Michigan Field Sobriety Tests
Hi, I’m Patrick Barone of the Barone Defense Firm. Drunk driving is all we do. We are located in Birmingham, Michigan. We’ve been doing this for 20 years. I want to talk to you about what the prosecutor needs to do to prove a drunk driving case.
There’s two different parts to any drunk driving case. There’s what’s called, “The common law theory”. This is based on what happened on the roadside. Then there’s what’s called, “The statutory theory”. That’s based on the breath test. If you want to know how we can beat a breath test in your case, please watch our video on that. Go to our website. Lots of information that we provide so that you can learn how we beat a breath test.
I’m here to talk to you about how we deal with the common law theory, the stuff that happens that at the roadside. Generally in that instance we are dealing with Field Sobriety Tests. Ok? We’re going to find out through our detailed questionnaire, our interview of you, and our investigation of your case exactly what happened at the roadside. We’re looking for two things. We are looking for mistakes that the cop made. We are also looking for problems dealing with you and the environment in which the test were administered. Let me give you an example. Let’s assume you have an old football injury, you have a bad knee. The cop is asking you to ask a straight line. It’s pretty ridiculous to think you’re going to able to walk that straight line with a bad knee. Our job is to show how that impacted your ability to perform that test.
Those tests are designed so that you’re going to fail them. On top of that, the cops never follow their own training in administering these tests. We’re certified as instructors of the field sobriety tests. We know what their are trained to do. We know how they almost never do it. The cops almost never follow their training. Our job is to capitalize on that information. Bring you into the courtroom and win your case.
Contact us now. Give us a call. Go to the drunkdrivinginmichigan.com. Fill out an intake. We’ll get back with you right away. We’ll talk to you about how we’re going to win your case.
• The Cost of a Michigan DUI
• The Emotional Impact of a Michigan DUI
• Hiring a Michigan DUI Attorney
• Retain the Representation of the Barone Defense Firm
• About Michigan Breath Test Defenses
• Michigan DataMaster Information
• Call The Barone Defense Firm Today
• The Michigan DUI Book
• Other Problems with the DataMaster Breath Machine
• Conviction Consequences for a DUI in Michigan
• Michigan DUI Counseling Information
• Defense Strategies for a Michigan DUI
• About DUI Discovery in Michigan
• Michigan DUI Investigation FAQ
• Our Dedicated Lawyers and Support Staff
• All DUI Lawyers are Not Created Equal in Michigan
• What are the Potential DUI Penalties in Michigan?
• Michigan DUI License Suspension
• About the Michigan DUI Plea Bargain
• How to be a Witness for Your Own DUI Case
• Michigan DUI Field Sobriety Testing
• Definitions of OWI laws in Michigan
• What is drunk driving Per Se crime in Michigan?
• Michigan DUI Pre-Trial Motions
• Sample Michigan DUI Jury Selection and Trial (Part 1)
• Sample Michigan DUI Jury Selection and Trial (Part 2)
• Sample Michigan DUI Completed and Opening Arguments (Part 3)
• Sample Michigan DUI Jury Trial (Part 4)
• Am I Going To Jail For DUI
• DUI Arrest Information and How the Barone Defense Firm Can Help
• Deciding on Trial in a DUI Case
• How to Beat the Breath Test
• Drunk Driving Arraignment
• The Drunk Driving Pre-Trial
• OWI First Offense Information
• About Sobriety Court Law
• The New DUI DataMaster (DMT) Machine
• Super Drunk Law Information
• Parts of the DUI Trial Process
• Sentencing for Drunk Driving
• About The Barone Defense Firm Team
• Unreliability of Field Sobriety Tests